Type: permanent, full-time
Location: Bucharest, Romania (entirely office-based)
Job brief: For our partner, a Romanian branch of an international advisory group, focusing on providing clear, high-standardised and practical solutions, we are searching for a Senior Tax Consultant to ensure that their clients make the best decisions in the light of fiscal change and development. Primarily, you will be responsible to review tax compliance engagements, perform Due Diligence mandates, be actively involved in tax controversy and audit defence practice.
Responsibilities: In this role, you will:
- assist clients with tax inspections, draft and submit tax appeals and all related consultancy mandates assigned by the clients,
- focus on key clients, supervision, setting up procedures and automatization workflows,
- improve work standards, client management and business development,
- train and mentor junior staff,
- represent the firm in professional events and support limited business development.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Economics or Finance,
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and incipient tax knowledge,
- At least 5 years tax experience.
The candidates should also:
- hold a CCF membership (ccfiscali.ro),
- be familiarised with working in an international environment or with international clients operating in Romania,
- prove practical working experience with VAT, profit, Due Diligence, tax inspections and litigations,
- show proficiency with emailing and MS Office applications,
- express time management skills, outstanding communication across all levels of business and great networking abilities
- be an excellent team-player, acting with integrity, trust, confidentiality, self-confidence, patience and spirit of co-operation,
- manifest and practice organisational agility, analytical approach, problem solving skills and a keen eye for detail,
- possess interest for personal continuous career development,
- demonstrate excellent (native or fluent) Romanian language, and have a sound use of English language.
What is offered:
- A very good salary, negotiable (likely on or above market level),
- A statutory holiday entitlement,
- A private health insurance and other benefits,
- A safe, productive and dynamic work environment,
- A consideration for personal growth.