Type: permanent, full-time
Position: Junior Accountant
Location: Bucharest, Romania (entirely office-based)
For our partner, a Romanian branch of an international advisory and consultancy group, focusing on providing clear, high-standardised and practical accountability solutions, we are searching for a Junior Accountant to to provide support in managing daily accounting tasks.
In this role, you will:
- maintain the general ledger accounts by monitoring journal entry preparation, preparing monthly accruals and entries and reconciling accounts monthly,
- review invoices to ensure accuracy, validity, and appropriate approvals,
- maintain control over accounting transactions,
- reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information,
- reconcile petty cash balances monthly,
- assist in preparation of summary payment reports and other reports that may be required from time to time by management,
- assist with tax filling and other mandatory fillings,
- process Employee expense reports, verify expenses are within the company guidelines, correct errors, question abnormal expenses, and input data into the finance system,
- maintain a wide variety of financial and accounting information, files, and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guideline,
- develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations,
- keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation,
- be involved in other projects as assigned from time to time by managers.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting or Finance,
- strong understanding of accounting theory,
- +1 year accounting/ finance experience,
- proficiency with emailing and MS Office applications,
- native or fluent Romanian language.
The candidates should also:
- know and use English language (medium-level),
- express good communication aptitude across all levels of business and abilities to work with deadlines,
- be a very good team-player, acting with integrity, patience, and confidentiality,
- manifest analytical approach and a keen eye for detail,
- be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results,
- present a positive public image.
What is offered:
- very good salary package,
- private health insurance and other benefits,
- dynamic and challenging work environment,
- excellent opportunities for career development.