Type: permanent, full-time (occasional overtime hours expected)
Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Bucharest, Romania (entirely office-based)
For our partner, a Romanian branch of an international advisory and consultancy group, focusing on providing clear, high-standardised and practical solutions, we are searching for a Senior Accountant to perform general accounting and reporting functions for local management and external reporting needs. Primarily, you will be responsible for the general accounting and financial functioning of the organisation, supporting the business in accurate financial and accounting reporting and analysis.
In this role, you will:
- conclude/ perform statutory accounting, management reporting, accounting consultancy, reviews and extra judicial accounting reports for the company’s clients,
- be responsible for the preparation of accurate financial reports and supporting schedules, as required,
- carry out duties that include highlighting to management potential issues affecting expenses, balances or cash flow; monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends,
- ensure work is complete within the specified time frame and manage risk prior to the deadline where work is falling behind schedule,
- identify solutions to problems, opportunities or issues raised,
- maintain excellent working relationships with and within the team,
- provide and interpret financial information,
- conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities,
- manage the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems,
- liaise with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out,
- develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations,
- keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation,
- be involved in other projects as assigned from time to time by managers.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting or Finance,
- strong understanding of accounting theory,
- +3 years accounting/ finance experience,
- proficiency with emailing and MS Office applications,
- native or fluent Romanian language, and have an excellent knowledge and use of English language.
The candidates should also:
- express time management skills, outstanding communication aptitude across all levels of business and great abilities to work with deadlines
- be an excellent team-player, acting with integrity, trust, patience and confidentiality,
- manifest and practice organisational agility, analytical approach, problem solving skills and a keen eye for detail,
- show strong system skills and organisation,
- be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results,
- present a positive public image.
What is offered:
- attractive salary package (likely on or above market level),
- private health insurance and other benefits,
- dynamic and challenging work environment,
- opportunities to exert strategic thinking abilities,
- consideration for personal growth.